Thank you to Raimey Gallant for the Liebster Nomination. Raimey’s blog is full of wonderful advice, and I highly recommend following her.
The 11 questions from the nomination are:
1. Who is your favourite author that you haven’t listed as a password backup for a financial institution: J.K. Rowling
2. Invent a hashtag that you would like to see gain traction: #chocolategiveaway
3. The wackiest writing prompt you can think of on the fly: Your reflection in the mirror starts talking to you, what does it say?
4. What genre(s) do you write in, and what subgenre(s) do you spice in?: I write a lot of contemporary and mystery. I’d love to write a fantasy someday.
5. What does your plotting/pantsing technique involve? Please describe using morse code. Kidding. You can use letters: It depends on the project. Sometimes I write my first draft without an outline. Sometimes I outline a few chapters at a time. And there have been projects where I knew and outlined every detail from the beginning to the end as soon as I came up with the concept.
6. Using only three-word sentences, tell us about your childhood (i.e. I hated hockey. Mom re-married dad. Toaster broke window.): I loved Disney.
8. Tell us something quirky about you: I don’t know if this is quirky, I daydream like 90% of the day – but this is probably common among writers.
9. I’m gonna need you to dig deep for this one. If chances are slim, how can something be fat about it (fat chance)?: I’m going to say the answer to this needs to remain one of life’s great mysteries.
10. If you could change one thing about a social media site, what would it be?: That you could edit tweets after posting them.
11. Please only answer a or b. (Hint: Don’t answer a, because the Internet is forever!) a) What is your number of sexual partners? b) How many plots do you have in your head on any given day?: Oh God, it varies. Anywhere from two to ten.
Now I’m going to pay it forward by nominating other bloggers for the Liebster Award.
Liebster Award Rules and Nominees:
Rule 1: Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
Rule 2: Answer the 11 questions the person asked you.
Rule 3: Nominate 5-11 people (comment on their blog to let them know)
Rule 4: Ask the people you have nominated 11 questions.
Below are my nominees and my questions.
- If you were stranded on an island, what three books would you want to have with you?:
- What’s your favourite food?:
- You can have dinner with one person – dead or alive – who would you choose?:
- What’s your favourite travel destination and why?:
- If you could be best friends with any fictional character, who would it be?:
- Sweet or sour?:
- Plotter or pantser?:
- Give a tip for anyone struggling with writer’s block:
- Give a tip for anyone thinking about starting a blog:
- What’s the best book you read in 2017?:
- What book are you most looking forward to reading in 2017?: